Build your skills
Need to start a campaign
Follow these easy steps
- Minimum requirements
- Fluent in English
- Provide a certified copy of your highest qualification
- Provide a certified copy of Identity Document (ID) if South African or Passport if non-South African
- 18 years and older
- Payment of commitment fee of R100 (only applicable when campaign has been approved to feature on website)
- Social media presence (100 followers across all platforms ) – submit screenshot of followers
- Total funding required does not exceed R50 000
- Certified copies of all previous qualifications.
- Once the project is sufficiently funded, you will receive your funds, less the 4.5% of the final amount funded, which goes to UpLiftMe, and less the payment processing fee of 3.5%.
- No more than 2 projects of less than 4 months duration, or 1 project to a maximum of 1 year per year will be allowed to be registered on the site. This allows you time to apply what you have learnt and when you have embedded your skill
Complete the form with the relevant information.
No more than 2 projects of less than 4 months, or 1 project to a maximum of 1 year per year- this allows you time to apply what you have learnt and when you have embedded your skill, you can then request support for another course
In your write up, be sure to include information such as:
- what is the course about
- the duration of the course
- information about the institution at which the course be held (e.g. location and accreditation)
- how much of funds do you require
- how much of funds will you be contributing to the course (e.g. cost of the transport, accommodation, meals, etc.)
Upload a short video telling us your story
We are interest in why it means so much to you to attend this course. Keep your video short and simple (less than 3 min). You can follow this simple guideline:
- introduce yourself (your name, age, where you are from, likes, dislikes)
- what are some of your strengths
- what skill/s do you want to attain
- why is it important for you to get this skill/s
- what will it mean to you if you become competent in this skill/s
Share your campaign on your social media platforms
Once your campaign has been approved to feature on the platform, you must pay attention to marketing it. The more people are aware of your campaign, the more likely you are at reaching your target funding. This is an important part of the process. Spend time on creating awareness of your campaign and providing feedback during and after the process.
You can start by sharing the link with family and friends via your social media platforms. The links will be available for you to do so, once your campaign is registered. UpLiftMe will also be marketing the platform holistically, which will further enhance your marketing efforts.
- Receive your funds once your target is reached
Once your target funding goal has been reached or exceeded, the payment process will be initiated.
- payment is made through the Payfast payment channel
- funds will be transferred into your account once target is achieved
- communicate to your backers to thank them for supporting you
- send them a picture of the certificate or write a review of your experience of the course
- if you receive money in excess of your target- you keep it. But let your backers know how you have used this excess money to uplift yourself