Need to start a campaign?
Follow these easy steps
- Speak, read and write in English
- Meet the minimum requirements of the course or degree you want to study
- Reside in South Africa and must be 18 years and older
- Total funding must be limited to students fees and not accommodation, books, etc.
Uplift-a-scholar (for parents who want to raise money for school going children)
- must have proof of monies owed to school (e.g. school statement)
- children must be in primary or high school
- children must be attending a public school
- Only parents/guardians (21 years or older) can register campaign
Uplift- a-school (for schools that need money for projects that improve the learnings opportunities at the facility)
- projects must be tangible and must be of value to the children (e.g. building a playground, buying robotics kits, building a library etc.)
- letter from SGB confirming approval of the project
- only applicable to public schools
- proof of registration to be submitted
Once the project is sufficiently funded, you will receive your funds, less the 4.5% of the final amount funded, which goes to UpLiftMe, and less the payment processing fee of approx 3.5 – 4.0%.
Per calendar year, no more than 2 campaigns per year or 1 campaign to a maximum of 1 year will be allowed to be registered. This allows you time to apply what you have learnt and when you have embedded your skills, you can register your next campaign.
Complete the form with the relevant information.
No more than 2 campaigns a year, or 1 project to a maximum of 1 year per year- this allows you time to apply what you have learnt and when you have embedded your skill, you can then register another campaign.
In your write up, be sure to include information such as:
- what is the course/degree about
- the duration of the course/degree
- information about the institution at which the course be held (e.g. location and accreditation)
- how much of funds do you require
- how much of funds will you be contributing to the course/degree , if any (e.g. cost of the transport, accommodation, meals, etc.)
- the amount of outstanding school fees
- the date by which you need to pay the school
- the cost of the total project
- how will the project be managed
Upload a short video telling us your story
We are interested in why it means so much to you to attend this course or study this degree. Keep your video short and simple (less than 2 min). You can follow this simple guideline:
- introduce yourself (your name, age, where you are from, likes, dislikes)
- what are some of your strengths
- what skill/s do you want to attain
- why is it important for you to get this skill/s
- what will it mean to you if you become competent in this skill/s
Parents, we want to know how paying your child’s school fees will make a difference in your household. Here are some suggestions of what people may want to hear:
- something about your child’s determination to learn at school (share some of his/her achievements)
- what else you can do with the money you use for school fees (e.g. pay for transport, buy food etc)
Principal/ teacher, we want to know how this project will help benefit the children in the school. As a guide, tell everyone:
- what’s the benefit of implementing this project
- give an example of where this project has been implemented in other schools and has shown benefit (e.g. the use of visual aid to enhance the learning experience of the child)
Share your campaign on your social media platforms
Once your campaign has been approved to feature on the platform, you must pay attention to marketing it. The more people are aware of your campaign, the more likely you are at reaching your target funding. This is an important part of the process. Spend time on creating awareness of your campaign and providing feedback during and after the process.
You can start by sharing the link with family and friends via your social media platforms. The links will be available for you to do so, once your campaign is registered. UpLiftMe will market your campaign and the platform holistically, which will further enhance your marketing efforts.
Receive your money once your campaign has ended
The payment process will be initiated once your campaign has ended. You will receive whatever money you raised (minus the fees as outlined in the T&Cs)
- payment will be made into your bank account, only when bank letter confirming banking details is received.
- monies will be transferred into your account once your campaign is over
- communicate to your backers to thank them for supporting you
- send them a picture of the certificate or write a review of your experience of the course
- parents – upload a picture of the school statement showing that your child’s school fees have been paid
- principals – upload pictures of the projects you are busy with or have completed in the school
- if you receive money in excess of your target- you keep it. But let your backers know how you have used this excess money to uplift yourself